Seventy five years ago, Günter Fronius opened a radio and electrical repair shop, which eventually grew into Fronius International GmbH. The business was born in the market town of Pettenbach, Austria, where Fronius’ headquarters are still located. A trained electrical engineer, Günter developed a solution that allowed vehicle batteries to last longer. In 1950, the company’s product range expanded to include welding transformers. Building on this technological basis, over the following decades the family-owned company grew into an international company with subsidiaries all over the world in the fields of welding technology, photovoltaics and battery charging technology.