Mobile Navigation

Industrial Magnetics acquires Walker Magnetics

Industrial Magnetics Inc. acquired Walker Magnetics Group Inc. Founded in 1896 in Worcester, Mass., upon the invention of the electromagnetic chuck by Oakley S. Walker, Walker Magnetics has grown into a provider of custom and standard magnetic products for workholding, lifting, material handling, scrap magnets and separation applications. According to Dennis O’Leary, Industrial Magnetics’ chief business development officer, “The acquisition of Walker Magnetics marks Industrial Magnetics’ next step in expanding our permanent, electromagnetic and electro-permanent magnetic technology and systems for industrial applications.”